PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Mikhail Dmitriev Gravity Wheel
by Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News
January 30, 2011
Russian inventor, Mikhail Dmitriev contacted me on January 28 to let me know about his gravity motor. He has apparently devised a mechanism whereby static gravitational pull can be harnessed to generate useful energy.
He has been working on various iterations over the years. A more recent one is shown to the right. In it, a small motor shown at about the 2-o-clock location spins a deflector mechanism clockwise. The deflectors push dangling weights to the right. Being on a counter-clockwise ratchet, this causes those evenly-spaced weights to stay outward long enough to cause the larger wheel to be imbalanced and thus turn clockwise.
The claim is that the energy required to turn the small motor is much less than the energy gained from the imbalanced larger wheel turning a generator. It reminds me of the system devised by British inventor, Bobby Amarasingam, the AOGFG, which he is in process of taking commercial. From what I can gather, AOGFG is further along in engineering market-ready iterations which can produce substantial power.
As I look at the photos and the animation of Mikhail's setup, it seems to me like it would be very easy to build. I could do it. A junior high student could do it from a kit.
He said that "Many enthusiasts in Russia have already made the device for home use." I asked him to give me an example of the input/output power, to which he replied:
- A typical instance in the range 0.5 - 5 kW. The average size (1500 * 1500 * 700) mm. The average weight of 200 kg. Rotational speed (60 - 120) rpm. Design-folding. Costs here in the $(500 - 2000). This handmade mechanical part, without the electrical generator (output). Industrial production (assembly line) should be much cheaper. The most expensive items - overrunning clutches, Niodim strong magnets and output electrical generator (alternator).
- Now, under my leadership, a firm builds an instance of an output power of 50 kW. This will be a multistage amplifier (4 stages). At the entrance of only 100 watts needed. An electric generator is only at the last output stage.
The PCT patent application describes this mechanism as a torque amplifier, but doesn't mention that more energy comes out than what is put in.
Mikhail said that he is NOT planning to take his device commercial because of the corruption in his country which would steal the technology away from him. Meanwhile, he says he has been helping many people to implement the technology into power generators they can use at home – sometimes powering those homes entirely.
I've approached him about helping him open source the technology, to expedite the process of validating, replicating, characterizing, optimizing, and improving the design for rapid worldwide deployment; with some revenue opportunities along the way in selling plans, kits, components, and finished units. I would ask up front here that anyone who goes commercial with this design remit a 7% royalty, a majority of which we at PES Network, Inc. will remit to Mikhail, retaining some to help administer this project and promulgate the knowledge, including providing income to the key players in the project, such as those who prepare the plans, do the translations, find local parts, etc….
On January 20, 2011 6:26 AM MST, Mikhail wrote:
- Hi Sterling,
- Yes, I'm willing to work with you to open source the technology.
- This will be discussed in future correspondence.
- I think that first you need to personally make sure that the device works as claimed. To do this, make a demo version directly at your workshop. This will be the most persuasive and credible evidence.
- If you agree, then I'll send you a very simple scheme which you can make in just a couple of days. Compact desktop version (components only) will cost about $100.
Of course I told him yes.
- 1 Official Websites
- 2 Videos
- 3 Principles of Operation
- 4 Photos
- 5 Diagrams
- 6 Patents
- 7 Profiles
- 8 Coverage
- 9 See also
- http://GravitationalEngine.com - Mikhail Dmitriev's website devoted to the question of practical usage of Earth's gravitational field.
- http://www.youtube.com/user/MikhailDmitriyev – official YouTube channel
"If you look at all the 28 videos, you will understood the principle of operation and embodiments of the device. All parameters are shown also."
Rotation due to deflection of weights_2
- "The rotation due to deflection of weights. Motor 20 W easily overclocks wheel radius of 1300 mm with a mass of 30 kg to a speed of 120 rpm or more. In principle - to mechanical failure of the system. For pushing of the weights (in the desired point and in the right direction) requires a small amount of energy. Belt and gear on it is just not capable." (YouTube; October 10, 2010)
- Part 1 (essentially the same, but the driver motor (that pushes the weights to the side) is located in another position) (YouTube; September 27, 2010)
- - - -
Gravitational engine – two
- "Gravity can work well!" (YouTube; July 08, 2009)
- - - -
Gravitational engine – one
- (YouTube; June 27, 2009)
- - - -
2-Spoke Simulation of the Mikhail Dmitriyev gravity wheel
- (YouTube by airrud; January 08, 2010)
- Working Model 2D
- Genauigkeit: 50 FPS
- Input: 45 Nm (200 Nm / 4,4)
- Output: 160 Nm
- - - -
4-Spoke Simulation of the Mikhail Dmitriyev gravity wheel
- Calculates an input energy requirement of 3.49 NM, while producing 7 NM. (YouTube by airrud; January 10, 2010)
Simulation of the gravitation engine of Mikhail Dmitriyev.
- Diameter 1m
- 2kg per weight
- constant torque of 7 Nm against (!) the wheel direction
- - - -
Principles of Operation
- Main wheel should not go very fast lest centripetal forces begin to counter-act the desired effect.
- http://www.sciteclibrary.ru/rus/catalog/pages/9367.html - principles of operation.
- - - -
- - - -
Weight Ratchet Apparatus
- - - -
Alternate Deflector Mechanism
The following photos showing the use of a bicycle rim for the deflector assembly are from a June 22, 2010 YouTube video by Dmitriev. Title: "Implementation of solution n+2 for permanently unbalanced wheel"
This is apparently an attempt at self-looping. The video only shows still shots. Perhaps there were problems with the gear ratio and positioning of the deflector apparatus.
The following diagrams are found at http://www.sciteclibrary.ru/rus/catalog/pages/9367.html
"I have a Useful Model Patent of the Russian Federation:
International Application Number:
PCT / RU 2008/000725
- TORQUE AMPLIFIER - Inventor: DMITRIEV MIHAIL FEDOROVICH; EC: F03G7/10 IPC: F03G3/00; F03G7/10; Publication date: 2010-06-03
- The invention relates to mechanics, in particular to devices that work on the basis of a difference in moments of force in relation to an axis of rotation. The invention can be used as a device for enhancing the torque of different rotary devices which are actuated by manual traction, water, wind, permanent magnets and/or electromagnets. The invention can be used in places where there are no sources of electrical energy in order to provide an additional rotational moment of inertia to the rotors of water pumps and drilling rigs or to the drive of the rotating working members of other stationary or mobile machines or assemblies. The invention has the technical result of making it possible to maintain a prolonged moment of inertia during the rotation of a device without using electrical energy sources, which moment of inertia can be used for amplifying the torque of other devices by transmitting torque thereto. The claimed technical result is achieved in that a torque amplifier working on the principle of a difference in torque on opposite sides in relation to an axis of rotation and comprising spokes which are provided with a load and are mounted on a conditionally horizontal shaft is characterised in that, with the aim of increasing the resulting torque and providing for the stability thereof, each spoke consists of two parts which are interconnected by a unidirectional rotation mechanism, wherein in order to extend the spoke length and thus increase the resulting torque, a mechanism is used which straightens the spoke parts into a line on one side of the device and folds said parts on the other side of the device.
Inventor: Mikhail Dmitriev
In the News
- Featured / OS: Gravity Motors >
Mikhail Dmitriev Gravity Wheel - This Russian inventor has been developing gravity-based power systems for years and says that the design has been widely replicated in Russia, even powering some houses. He says he has posted all necessary information to build the device, in which a small amount of power input generates much greater power output. (PESWiki and BeforeItsNews; January 30, 2011)
- Perpetual motion and alternative energy. Free energy in the modern world. (Pravda; Oct. 13, 2010)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dmitriev_grav-mot - official forum for this open source project, launched Jan. 30, 2011
- Gravity wheel of Mikhail Dmitriyev (Overunity.com; December 08, 2009)
Feel free to comment below.
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Gravity Motors > AOGFG >
'Child simple' 6-12 kW gravity generator prepping for market - Inventor Bobby Amarasingam of AOGFG expects that their 6-12 kilowatt power generator using gravity as the source will cost around $5,000 or less, be around 1.5 cubic meters in size, with production prototype being ready by early March. (PESN; December 29, 2010)
- Directory:Galactic Sea of Energy
- Directory:Grand Unified Theories | Directory:Aether Physics Model
- Directory:Fractal Antennas as an Energy Source
- Directory:Electromagnetic (overunity)
- Directory:Magnet Motors | News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
- Directory:Pyramid Power
- Directory:Solid State
- Directory:Solid State Generators | PowerPedia:Solid State Generator
- Directory:Toroidal Power
- Directory:Power from Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation
- Directory:Gravity Motors
Tuesday, 1 February 2011
Directory:Mikhail Dmitriev Gravity Wheel - PESWiki