Saturday 12 February 2011

Help China Tom ~ Tracy Woolley's Dad in a Coma in China!

Help China Tom ~ My Dad in a Coma in China!

 

To help my father who has had a stroke and is in a coma in China, get the help he needs to get him care and support from all of the Australian Bureaucracies.

 

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/656398?m=

About

My father had a severe stroke whilst working in China on New Year's Eve 2010. He was there teaching English at a Chinese University. Since then I have had so much red tape to go through with the Australian Bureaucracies. 

I think I have contacted the right people on recommendation from the previous person and then am told I must go somewhere else, I fill out the next ream of paperwork for the next bureaucratic maze. At last, I think, I am given guardianship of my father, to decide on his medical and financial needs and think that surely it is all over and am then made to wait another 2 days for the 'right' paperwork to be seen. Etc... Meanwhile... my father lies in a Chinese Hospital being helped by his Chinese colleagues and expatriates and I am unable to get help for my father to get the care he needs whilst the Australian bureaucracy decides 'who' should do 'what' and what paperwork has to be received in original or duplicates!

Right now, I want to get my father treatment to help him... does the Australian Bureaucracies?? Please Help me get my father the treatment he needs!

.......................................................

This is what I have sent to major newspapers and TV stations in Australia as well as a few others!

Posted by Tracy Woolley at 18:06 yesterday 

 

My Dad who is a Queenslander and ex Royal Australian Air Force member for 25 years and is in China teaching English at ZhengZhou University, had a massive stroke on New Years Eve. He is in a coma in ZhengZhou hospital and since then I have been trying to get him help. I became his guardian on the 17th of January after much red tape and am trying to find his insurances etc. I have spent days going to banks, Centrelink, insurances companies trying to find out anything about his finances. (He left no information for anyone and is along in China)

He has become a Consular Case with the Dept of Foreign Affairs and I am going through rigmarole there as they seem not to be able to do anything whilst he is alive. If he passes away, that's a different story. His University told me yesterday that the medical insurance runs out on the 16th of February and they won't be paying anything more.

I have been back to the Department of Foreign Affairs and this is their response:

 

Dear Tracy

 

The Australian Embassy telephoned Mr Moore's treating doctor Ms Niu at Zhengzhou Traditional Chinese Hospital on 11 February 2011. Dr Niu said although Mr Moore is not conscious and can not move, his blood pressure and heart conditions are normal. Therefore, Dr Niu said she believed Mr Moore is fit for flying and can be repatriated to Australia. However, she said the hospital will not be able to provide repatriation service or facilities to enable this.

The Australian Embassy further contacted Mr Moore's employer Mr Zhang who advised that Mr Moore's current insurance does not cover a medical repatriation.

According to our previous experience with International SOS, the cost of a medical repatriation is around AUD35,000 utilising commercial airlines. The Embassy notes that the actual expenses incurred vary from case to case due to different individual circumstances hence different requirements for flight, medical facilities and number of accompany of doctors/nurses.

While Dr Niu believes Mr Moore is fit for air travel, and it is assumed would provide confirmation of this to airlines, the final decision will be one for the airlines themselves to make.

Regards

Darrell Morris

Consular Operations Branch

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Telephone: 1300 555 135 (select option 6)

+61 2 6261 3305

.................................................................

I don't know what to do anymore! My Dad was in the Air Force for 25 years, served in Malaysia, was in the peace keeping force in Egypt in the 70's and the government won't help him when he needs it. I can't find that he has much money and I have none to do anything.

Can you help me? Can you help me get onto anyone in parliament about my Dad? My Dad is a Queenslander and was based in Cairns before he went to China.

I have 4 days to do something!

 

HELP!!!

Kind Regards,

Tracy Woolley